WAPOR offers a variety of membership options. Please review our four membership categories and three membership types to find the option that fits you best. We welcome you to WAPOR and look forward to your involvement in this important organization.
WAPOR membership categories:
- Individual membership is open to all persons who subscribe to the purposes of the Association and are, or have been, directly associated with the conduct, use, or teaching of scientific opinion and attitude research.
- Individual membership (business paid) is sub-category of individual membership and is open to all public opinion research professionals from the business sector who subscribe to the aims of WAPOR.
- Student membership is available for BA, MA and PhD students. It includes all the benefits of an individual membership at a reduced rate; acquiring this membership requires providing a certification of current enrollment to qualify.
- Retired membership is available for retired professionals who wish to maintain contact with WAPOR. It includes all the benefits of an individual membership at a reduced rate; acquiring this membership type requires providing a a proof of age (65 and over) to qualify.
WAPOR membership system features differentiation between three main types:
- membership in WAPOR only (WAPOR only);
- membership in any of the four WAPOR chapters (Chapter only);
- membership in both WAPOR and a chapter of your choice (WAPOR+chapter).
These choices allow members to support the work and mission of the chapters in an official capacity. There are four chapters currently active at WAPOR:
- WAPOR Latin America (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WAPOR Asia Pacific (contact: email@example.com)
- WAPOR West Asia and North Africa (Samir Abu-Rumman (firstname.lastname@example.org))
- WAPOR Sub-Saharan Africa (Angela Ambitho (email@example.com))
WAPOR membership benefits:
- Reduced WAPOR conference participation fee
- Free electronic subscription to the International Journal of Public Opinion Research published quarterly by Oxford University Press
- 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press
- Free online learning tools (such as webinars etc.)
- Subscription to the WAPOR listserv that keeps members up-to-date with current affairs relevant to the field
- Support of an international group of experts in case of legal limitations and other threats to survey research
- Exchange of knowledge and best practices with academics and business professionals
- Opportunity to find partners for cross national research