- 2022 WAPOR Call for NominationsChair of the Professional Standards Committee and Vice President/President-ElectFind out more
WAPOR seeks nominations for two offices to be filled in elections to be held this year: Chair of the Professional Standards Committee and Vice President/President-Elect. Nominations of WAPOR members, including self-nominations, are due by August 19, 2022. All nominations should mention the name of the nominee, his/her qualifications, and the position of interest. A web link or document should accompany the nomination. Only nominations from WAPOR members are eligible for consideration.
- WAPOR 75th Annual Conference75 Years of Worldwide Public Opinion ResearchClick to find out more!
The World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR) will hold its 75th Annual Conference together with the WAPOR Asia Pacific 5th Annual Conference on 10-15 November 2022 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The WAPOR conference will convene before and overlap with the 5th WAPOR Asia Pacific regional conference.
The conference committee will be completing reviews soon and notifications of status will be released in July. Stay tuned for more information regarding registration and conference location!
Conference Theme: 75 Years of Worldwide Public Opinion Research
- List of Research in Ukraine and RussiaUkrainian and Russian Public Opinion Research - 2022Find research here
Following the theme of our last conference, “Speaking Truth to Power”, we have gathered the most recent polls conducted in Ukraine and Russia concerning the current conflict. You will find here the web page with all the polls. We have also added the frequencies of the last wave of the World Values Survey conducted in Ukraine (2020) and Russia (2018).
In conformity with WAPOR’s principles, we will post only polls that respect the WAPOR professional standards and are completely transparent about their methods.
- June 2022 WAPOR WebinarEurasia Barometer 2021: Comparative Study on Social and Political Attitudes in Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, and UkraineFind out more here!
WAPOR held the most recent in the series of free webinars by the World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR). The webinar, Eurasia Barometer 2021: Comparative Study on Social and Political Attitudes in Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine, took place on Thursday, June 16 and focused on one regional partner of the GBS Group - the Eurasia Barometer (EAB). Click the link below to access slides and the recording of the webinar.
- Professional Standards Committee:2021 Updated WAPOR Code of Professional Ethics and PracticesClick for the updated code
The revised WAPOR Code of Professional Ethics and Practices is now available. There is a version in English which you can download. We have also prepared translations into Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, German, Russian, and Spanish which can also be downloaded. Simply click on the language you require, and you’ll see a link to download the appropriate version.
If you think translations into other languages would benefit our members and the communities with which they interact (journalists, academics, government officials), we welcome your recommendation. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
WAPOR Membership includes:
- Subscription to the International Journal of Public Opinion Research
- Reduced registration fees at WAPOR events
- Access to a library of training seminars and materials
- And more
WAPOR is an international professional association whose members recognize the centrality of public opinion in shaping and serving society.
With the American Association for Public Opinion Research and ESOMAR, WAPOR has collaborated on an international effort to
train journalists interested in understanding and reporting on public opinion research.
Members of WAPOR may organize into regional chapters with the aim of furthering the general purposes of WAPOR. You can read more about the regional chapters here.