Call for Proposals (CLOSED)
Notification of Proposal Status is Mid-August
The World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR) will hold its 74th Annual Conference ONLINE due to global travel restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The conference dates are November 2-6, 2021. The online conference timing will be set up as early morning in the US and Latin America when it is afternoon in Europe and evening in Asia.
Not all public opinion research is welcomed during times of crises. How can our research be most effectively communicated both to leaders and to citizens when facing public health emergencies? What role should public opinion research play in societies facing political or economic turmoil? Our 2021 conference seeks to address these questions.
The WAPOR annual conference will include presentations that deal with these and related issues, in one of three conference formats including: preorganized panels, research papers, and posters. Preorganized panels will be broadcast live via online channels.
Presentations will likely include the following topics:
- Public opinion in times of crisis
- Fake media and public opinion
- Public opinion and survey research
- Survey research application
- Public opinion and policymaking
- Panel, longitudinal and national monitoring surveys in policymaking
- New technologies and national surveys: challenges in the changing times
- New sources of information on public opinion and the use of social media
- Political behavior, participation, and culture in survey research
- Methodological challenges and improvements in the areas of sampling, measurement, survey design and survey response or non-response
- Challenges of comparative research and international survey projects
- Cross-cultural concerns in data collection and measurement issues
- News, media, journalism, and public opinion
- Qualitative research in changing times
- Big data, sentiment analysis and machine learning
- Digitalization of societies and usage of new sources of information in survey research
- Data visualization, new technologies and online surveys
- Best practices for stakeholder research and expert surveys
Proposals for the conference are no longer being accepted. We anticipate notifying submitters of their status by mid-August.
Most individual research papers will be presented in a regular session format. We will also have a poster session, in order to serve participants who prefer this format. The submission system will ask submitters to indicate whether they prefer to give an oral presentation or present their work as part of the poster session.
In order for a panel to be accepted, at least three of the individual papers must be accepted. If not, accepted proposals may be assigned to a different session. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about this, or any, submission type.
All submitters should have received a system-generated email confirmation of their submission within 24 hours. If this confirmation does not arrive, submitters should log back on to the site to verify that their proposal was submitted correctly in the system. All submitters will be notified of the conference committee’s decision at the middle of August 2021.
Conference Registration Pricing
*All non-member registrations INCLUDE a membership for 2022.
|Registration Type||By October 1||After October 1 (late fee applies)|
|Non-Member (Tier A)*||$295||$395|
|Non-Member (Tier B)*||$265||$365|
|Non-Member (Tier C)*||$235||$335|
|WAPOR Student Member||$80||$130|