WAPOR Awards and Prizes
WAPOR awards and prizes are intended to recognize significant accomplishments in the Public Opinion field. In addition to lifetime awards, we also encourage future advancements through student awards and yearly accomplishments for exemplary papers and presentations. To learn more or to enter please click on the links below.
- Naomi Turner Prize that honors the best paper written and presented at the annual conference by a student(s).
- Elizabeth Nelson Prize that is presented to the best paper written and presented at the annual conference by one or more persons from a society in transition (tiers B, C or D).
- Alexis de Tocqueville Award that is given annually for the best conference paper concerned with democracy and public opinion, whether in a consolidated or in an emerging democracy.
- Janet A. Harkness Student Paper Award that is a joint award of WAPOR and the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR).
- Helen Dinerman Award that honors particularly significant contributions to survey research methodology.
- Robert M. Worcester Prize that is given for the previous year’s outstanding paper contributed to the International Journal of Public Opinion Research.