Upcoming Webinar on COVID-19 Surveys
COVID-19: How We Ask Questions,
Collect the Data and What Do We Learn?
Thursday, June 4, 2020
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM EDT
Presented by Constanza Cilley, Gary Langer, Wai Yu See Toh, and Torbjörn Sjöström
At the time of the pandemic hundreds of surveys have been conducted and disseminated around the world. Public opinion researchers from different countries put their best efforts to collect the data on people’s reaction to fast changing circumstances.
This work has been challenging in many ways. The pandemic has disrupted the regular data collection process almost everywhere; the survey topic is completely new to researchers as much as to the public; the situation has been changing extremely fast and remains not very predictable. At the same time when fighting the pandemic is about a collective action understanding the public perceptions is of vital importance.
At the webinar we invite colleagues to share their experience of conducting research about the pandemic in their countries and regions and discuss the following questions:
- What aspects of public moods do they measure and what questions do they use?
- How do they collect data in the time of pandemic, what are the challenges?
- What are the most interesting findings?
- What has changed in public moods and what change is yet to come?
About the presenters:
- Constanza Cilley (Argentina) is an Executive Director of Voices and has 20 years of experience in research. Voices has been providing consulting and research services in Argentina and the Latam region since 2012.
- Gary Langer (USA), is the founder and a president of Langer Research Associates; a market and social research firm conducts surveys in the US and internationally. A 33-year survey research veteran, Langer received international recognition for creating ABC’s industry-leading poll standards and promoting disclosure initiatives through various professional organizations.
- Wai Yu See Toh (Malaysia), is the Chief Operating Officer of Central Force; a Malaysian polling agency headquartered in Kuala Lumpur. Central Force has been providing high quality fieldwork services in Malaysia for 24 years and has CATI coverage in Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, and Iran.
- Torbjörn Sjöström (Sweden), is CEO of Novus Group, full service research provider, qual and quant, including a probability-based online panel. He applies his two decades of industry experience to advancing new technology in survey research.
Yulia Baskakova, International Projects director at Langer Research Associates (USA), formerly VCIOM (Russia), will moderate the webinar.